Netflix has announced the cast members of the upcoming Bridgerton spinoff limited series about Young Queen Charlotte, including the actors who will play the young queen, young King George, and young Agatha Danbury.
Netflix announced in a tweet that Bridgerton’s Golda Rosheuvel will reprise her role as Queen Charlotte, while Line of Duty India Amarteifio will play young Queen Charlotte in the prequel series.
Although the project is still underway, the cast had their first table read today. The series will focus on the rise of Queen Charlotte and her love life. It will also highlight Violet Bridgeton and Lady Danbury’s life.
Bridgerton creator Shonda Rhimes will serve as writer, showrunner, and executive producer on the series, which “tells the story of how the young Queen’s marriage to King George sparked both a great love story and a societal shift, creating the world of the Ton inherited by the characters in Bridgerton.” Tom Verica will be the director and executive producer over the series alongside Betsey Beers as executive producer.
No word on the title of the series or when filming will be expected to start.
Season 2 of Bridgerton premiered on Netflix last week, scoring big on the streaming charts with 193 million hours viewed in its first three days of release.
Here’s the full list of the cast:
- Golda Rosheuval will Queen Charlotte
- Adjoa Andoh will play Lady Agatha Danbury
- Ruth Gemmell will Lady Violet Bridgerton
- India Amarteifio will play young Queen Charlotte
- Corey Mylchreest will play young King George
- Arsema Thomas will play young Agatha Danbury
- Sam Clemmett will play young Brimsley
- Richard Cunningham will play Lord Bute
- Tunji Kasim will play Adolphus
- Rob Maloney will play the Royal Doctor
- Cyril Nri will play Lord Danbury
- Hugh Sachs will play Brimsley
Bridgerton premiered back in 2020 capturing the hearts of people around the world. Based on Julia Quinn’s best-selling series of novels, Bridgerton takes place in the high society of London competing in a lavishing world in hopes to find that one true love. Since then there have been Bridgerton themed reality shows and parties showcasing their love for the show.
Check out IGN’s review of season 2 here.
Kemberlie Spivey is a freelance writer at IGN.
Author: Matt Kim. [Source Link (*), IGN All]