Lies of P Update 1.3 Makes Big Changes to the Game
Lies of P update 220.127.116.11 is out now and makes some significant changes to gameplay.
Highlights include the addition of new costumes, which can be found in the equipment and bag menu, a new category to the costume menu so players can equip masks and accessories together, and significant balance changes.
The field difficulty has been decreased, with the attack speed of some monsters adjusted to make their attack more intuitive. Meanwhile, Rising Dodge is now a default ability so players have access to it from the start of the game.
Earlier this month, Lies of P publisher Neowiz teased the game’s first DLC and confirmed plans to release a sequel. Lies of P sold one million copies in less than a month after developer Round8 Studio’s well-received soulslike launched on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and S, PC via Steam, and Mac via the Mac App Store on September 18. It reimagines the classic fairy tale of Pinocchio in Bloodborne style gameplay.
IGN’s Lies of P review returned an 8/10: “Lies of P might not branch out particularly far from its soulslike inspiration, but it plays the part extremely well.” Lies of P has a “very positive” user review rating on Steam too.
If you’re currently playing through the game, be sure to check out IGN’s Lies of P walkthrough.
Lies of P Update 18.104.22.168 patch notes:
New Features and Content
New costumes have been added to the game.
After installing the latest update, the following items can be found in the ‘Equipment’ and ‘Bag’ menu.
- ‘Alchemist’s Hat’
- ‘Treasure Hunter’s Mask’
- ‘Treasure Hunter’s Hunting Apparel’
- ‘Illusory Emerald Glasses’
Added a new category to the Costume menu.
- Now players can equip the ‘Mask’ and ‘Accessory’ together in the Hair section in the costume menu.
Short Grey Hair’ has been added to the game.
- Available after reaching any of the game’s ending for the first time.
- Available at ‘Geppetto’s Tools’.
Add a new option to adjust the Subtitle’s size.
- Can be adjusted by [Settings -> Gameplay -> Subtitle size]
Balance and Content Improvements
Decreased Field Difficulty
- Adjusted the attack speed of some monsters to make their attack more intuitive.
- Increased the duration of stance breaks for some monsters.
- Adjusted the spawn locations of some monsters and traps to fit better with the flow of the game.
The P-Organ, ‘Rising Dodge’ has been changed to a default ability
- Retain Guard Regain upon Pulse Cell use’ has been added to the P-Organ system to replace ‘Rising Dodge’.
Combat Balance Adjustments
- Increased the damage of some weapons.
- Increased some weapons to trigger stance breaks to monsters more frequently.
- Now relatively lighter Blades will gain more ‘Guard Regain’, while heavier Blades gain less ‘Guard Regain’.
- Decreased the delay after an attack and the time to charge a ‘Charge Attack’ for some heavy handles.
- Now some heavier handles will have a faster attack speed depending on the assembled blade.
- Adjusted the ‘Destruction Damage’ inflicted to monsets by a ‘Perfect Guard’.
- The weapon ‘Puppet’s Saber Blade’ will now have increased stats after enhancing.
- Increased the movement distance while using the ‘Proof of Humanity’ weapon’s attack skill.
- Increased the damage reduction rate while guarding the weapon ‘Etiquette’ but reduced the fable’s charge amount for a set period of time when attacking.
- Enhanced the attack tracking mechanism after successfully performing the Fable Arts, ‘Guard Parry’.
- Increased the damage buff of ‘Bell of Provocation’ to the player.
- “The Attribute Status Ailments will now stack faster for the following Fable Arts:
- ‘Acid Slash'”
- Increased the damage of Fatal Attacks to better scale with the players stats.
- Increased the attack radius and tracking mechanism of the Legion Arm, ‘Aegis III – Counter Charge’.
- The pillars in the ‘Kill King’s Flame, Fuoco’s room will now only be destroyed by Fuoco’s Fury Attacks.
Added new itmes to the NPC ‘Polendina’s Shop.
- Two more Quartz can be purchased during the early stages of the game.
- After expanding the shop for the 1st time, one additional ‘Quartz’ can be purchased. (Yes, one more Quartz.)
- After expanding the shop for the 3rd time, two additional ‘Full Moonstone of the Covenant’ can be purchased.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the character to shoot into the sky while using the Legion Arm ‘Puppet String III – Attack Link’.
- Fixed a bug while continuously pressing the guard button during the Guard stance Legion Arm ‘Aegis’ would trigger Perfect Guards every time.
- Fixed a bug that allowed some weapons to perform Perfect Guards unintentionally.
- Fixed a bug that caused some Electric Blitz attacks to be unguardable even with Perfect Guards or Guard Parry.
- Fixed a bug in which the Guard Regain would not reset after performing a successful counter-attack with the weapon ‘Two Dragons Sword’s charge attack.
- Fixed a bug in which arrows fired from traps could not be guarded.
- Fixed a bug in which the ‘Monnphase Pocket Watch’ could be used during boss fights.
- Fixed a bug in which attacks from some monsters would not register correctly to the player character.
- Fixed a bug in which the P-Organ ability ‘Naturally recovers Durability of inactive weapons’ reduced the weapon’s durability while inactive during certain situations.
- Fixed a bug in which having the P-Organ ‘Lower Damage while Dodging’ activated and a specific Amulet equipped would trigger the player’s stamina regain earlier than intended.
- Fixed a bug in which the deceased NPC ‘Belle’ at the ‘Attacked Hotel Krat’.
- Fixed a bug in which players were able to abnormally approach certain areas of the map.
- Adjusted the Camera Rotation speed while using controllers to be not affected by the framerate.
- Specific for Asian Regions: PS4 Controller Settings Resetting Issue has now been fixed and can be save regardless of the PS4’s system settings.
- Updated some translations and typos for the following languages:
- Updated a typo in the in-game EULA.
- Improved game stability and bugs related to in-game UI.
Wesley is the UK News Editor for IGN. Find him on Twitter at @wyp100. You can reach Wesley at firstname.lastname@example.org or confidentially at email@example.com.
Author: Wesley Yin-Poole. [Source Link (*), IGN All]